Monday, August 10, 2015

I Have A Thousand Excuses...

Yes, I know it's been a hot minute since I've posted something on here and I'm sure all of you missed me (all two of you). I would love to throw the excuse out there that I've been so busy that I haven't had time to write anything, that I've been so busy doing exciting life things to be able to sit down and write about them. Blah, blah, blah...
The truth is, now that the move is over, I've spent the last month sitting around waiting for things to happen. 
Lila and I have been here five weeks as of this past Friday. As I wrote that last sentence, I had to stop and try to figure out how it's even possible that five weeks have gone by. Then I realized, we haven't been sitting down at all.
I have managed to reconnect with some friends that I've missed dearly since moving away all of those years ago, I start my new job in exactly one week, and Lila starts pre k in two. 
(Shelly, you have no idea how much I have truly missed you!!)
Susie (my mother) has seemed to settle in to having two extra people in her house, especially the toddler who acts like a monkey on crack most of the time.
I will say that I feel very lucky to have had six weeks with Lila before having to go back to work. Six uninterrupted, constantly together weeks... 
All joking aside, Lila and I have been doing some pretty great things together the last five weeks, a lot of those things have been thanks to my mother.
We spent the evening of our first full day here, July 4th, watching fireworks....

That look right there... That look is priceless.
We spent some time on her first Ferris wheel ride where she scared the shit out of me about every two seconds.
I was thrilled to have a long weekend with all of the monkeys here. 

We stayed so busy while all of them were here doing fun things. As soon as we got back from taking them home, I took my most favorite picture of Lila in the history of ever. Behold, exhausted sleeping wee spawn!
This photo opportunity may never happen again...
In my effort to help Lila adjust to country living, she's made some interesting friends:
The horses and sheep at the farm across the street have become an almost daily walking destination.
She spent an evening with Ana and Elsa.
This nut (the brown lump) that she found on a hike. She's become attached to it for some reason and has even named it Rolly. 
Last but not least, this creepy as fuck baby doll she found in a tote while mom and I were trying to downsize my shit ton of stuff I've accumulated over the years. I have no idea where this doll came from and I'm not at all creeped out that Lila has started putting the doll in strange places and now has it hold props.
The truth is, I have been busy. I've spent the last five weeks falling in love all over again with the place I grew up and some of the people who are still here. I've taken my children to some of my most favorite places on this earth and tried to explain to them why these places were important.
I have one week left before I have to go back to being an adult and figuring out what the next step should be for Lila and I. And, sorry to break it to you, but I don't plan on spending this last week writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment